Planning a project (IPM103) is one of four micro-courses that make up the OERu’s Introduction to project management course. The four micro courses are:
|Course description||Micro-course learning materials|
|IPM101||Role of the project manager|
|IPM102||Initiating a project|
|IPM103||Planning a project|
|IPM104||Executing and closing a project|
Successful completion of the assessment for Planning a project (IPM103) provides pathways for the following credentials:
|Type||Exit award||OERu partner|
|Micro-credential for IPM103||Edubit||Otago Polytechnic|
|Academic transfer credit
|Certificate Higher Education Business||University of the Highlands and Islands|
Certificate of Higher Education Business (OERu)
To earn the Certificate of Higher Education Business conferred by the University of the Highlands and Islands, you must:
- Complete the Edubit assessments for each of the four associated micro-certifications to qualify for transfer credit for the Introduction to project management course.
- Request transcript credit for Introduction to project management from Otago Polytechnic.
- Complete all the required courses and get copy of transcript credit from assessing institution(s) before applying for the qualification at the University of the Highlands and Islands.
Details provided below.
Steps to achieve the Edubit (micro-credential) for IPM103
- Work through the course materials
- Complete the assessment tasks to the required standard specified in the assessment rubrics
- Sign up for an account on the EduBits and locate the EduBit for Planning a project.
- Upload your assessment file on the EduBits site.
- Click on the “Get my Assessment Marked” link and pay the assessment fee by credit card.
- If successful, you will receive your assessment result by email and you can follow instructions to collect and publish you micro-certification online.
Steps to get transcript credit for Introduction to project management
- Successfully complete the four EduBits for Introduction to project management.
- Apply to Otago Polytechnic for transcript credit (Link to be provided soon.)
- Pay the transcript administration fee.
Steps to earn the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu)
- Complete all the required courses for the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu).
- Gather transcripts for transfer credit from the OERu assessing partners (you only need to apply for one transcript for all the courses you completed at the respective OERu assessing institution).
- Apply for the qualification at the University of the Highlands and Islands to become a credential candidate.
- Once all the requirements have been met, including a review of the transcripts from the approved OERu assessing partners, you will graduate with the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu).