This page summarises the pathways available to gain ‘EduBit‘ micro-credentials which count towards the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu). Study this page carefully to find out what options are available to you and how to achieve them.
|Exit qualification||Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu)|
|Exit qualification awarded by:||The University of the Highlands and Islands|
|Assessing institution(s) for micro-credentials||Otago Polytechnic|
|Credit-bearing course||Learning in a Digital Age|
|Assessment tasks for this micro-credential||LiDA101 EduBit|
Step 1: Earn the micro-credential for Digital literacies for online learning (LiDA101)
- Work through the course materials
- Complete the assessment tasks to the required standard specified in the assessment rubrics
- Sign up for an account on the EduBits website, locate the EduBit for Digital literacies for online learning and click the “Add to my account” button.
- Follow the instructions on the EduBits website to upload your assessment files for each of the EduBit tasks.
- Mark each of the assessment tasks as “complete” when you are ready to submit.
- Click on the “Evaluate my evidence” button.
- Pay the assessment fee by credit card.
- If successful, you will receive your assessment result by email; follow the instructions to collect and publish your micro-credential online.
Step 2: Earn the additional micro-credentials for Learning in a Digital Age
Digital literacies for online learning (LiDA101) is one of four required micro-credentials to achieve academic credit for the OERu’s Learning in a Digital Age course. The associated micro-courses and corresponding ‘Edubits’ are:
|Course description||Micro-course learning materials||EduBit links|
|LiDA101||Digital literacies for online learning||EduBit micro-credential|
|LiDA102||Digital citizenship||Edubit micro-credential|
|LiDA103||Open education, copyright and open licensing in a digital world||Edubit micro-credential|
|LiDA104||Critical media literacies and associated digital skills||Edubit micro-credential|
- Complete the EduBit assessments for each of the four associated micro-credentials to qualify for transfer credit for the Learning in a Digital Age course.
- Use your EduBits to request a transcript for transfer credit for Learning in a Digital Age from Otago Polytechnic (you only need to apply for one transcript for all the courses you completed at the respective OERu assessing institution)
Step 3: Earn the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu)
- Complete all the other required courses for the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu). (This equates to the learning effort required to complete a full year of academic study.)
- Gather transcripts for transfer credit from the OERu assessing partners (you only need to apply for one transcript for all the courses you completed at the respective OERu assessing institution).
- Apply for the qualification at the The University of the Highlands and Islands to become a credential candidate.
- Once all the requirements have been met, including a review of the transcripts from the approved OERu assessing partners, you will graduate with the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu).