This page summarises the pathways available to gain ‘EduBit‘ micro-credentials which count towards the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu). Study this page carefully to find out what options are available to you and how to achieve them.
|Exit qualification||Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu)|
|Exit qualification awarded by:||The University of the Highlands and Islands|
|Assessing institution(s) for micro-credentials||Otago Polytechnic|
|Credit-bearing course||Learning in a Digital Age|
|Assessment tasks for this micro-credential||LiDA102 EduBit|
Step 1: Earn the micro-credential for Digital citizenship (LiDA102)
- Work through the course materials
- Complete the assessment tasks to the required standard specified in the assessment rubrics
- Sign up for an account on the EduBits website, locate the EduBit for Digital citizenship and click the “Add to my account” button.
- Follow the instructions on the EduBits website to upload your assessment files for each of the EduBit tasks.
- Mark each of the assessment tasks as “complete” when you are ready to submit.
- Click on the “Evaluate my evidence” button.
- Pay the assessment fee by credit card.
- If successful, you will receive your assessment result by email; follow the instructions to collect and publish your micro-credential online.
Step 2: Earn the additional micro-credentials for Learning in a Digital Age
Digital citizenship (LiDA102) is one of four required micro-credentials to achieve academic credit for the OERu’s Learning in a Digital Age course. The associated micro-courses and corresponding ‘Edubits’ are:
|Course description||Micro-course learning materials||EduBit links|
|LiDA101||Digital literacies for online learning||EduBit micro-credential|
|LiDA102||Digital citizenship||Edubit micro-credential|
|LiDA103||Open education, copyright and open licensing in a digital world||Edubit micro-credential|
|LiDA104||Critical media literacies and associated digital skills||Edubit micro-credential|
- Complete the EduBit assessments for each of the four associated micro-credentials to qualify for transfer credit for the Learning in a Digital Age course.
- Use your EduBits to request a transcript for transfer credit for Learning in a Digital Age from Otago Polytechnic (you only need to apply for one transcript for all the courses you completed at the respective OERu assessing institution)
Step 3: Earn the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu)
- Complete all the other required courses for the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu). (This equates to the learning effort required to complete a full year of academic study.)
- Gather transcripts for transfer credit from the OERu assessing partners (you only need to apply for one transcript for all the courses you completed at the respective OERu assessing institution).
- Apply for the qualification at the The University of the Highlands and Islands to become a credential candidate.
- Once all the requirements have been met, including a review of the transcripts from the approved OERu assessing partners, you will graduate with the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu).
(Note that there may be an administrative fee payable to the relevant institution for issuing a transcript for your credit.)