You can certify your participation in this micro-course, Open education, copyright and open licensing in a digital world (LiDA103), by completing a basic knowledge test online. There are two options:
- A personalized LiDA103 Certificate of Participation in PDF format that you can print out, together with a verification code for employers. This option also includes a digital badge. (Cost is NZ$10), or
- A digital LiDA103 Participant Badge (Free)
How does it work?
To certify your participation in this micro-course, you must successfully complete a basic knowledge test online. This knowledge test covers selected concepts in this course. Learners who have worked through the course resources, activities, and quizzes on the course site will have all the learning materials they need to be able to pass the test.
The online test is hosted on our moodle.oeru.org website (see links below).
Can I prepare for the test?
Yes! At the end of each learning pathway, you will find several True-False and Multiple Choice questions, together with feedback on correct and incorrect answers. These are the same questions that are used in the knowledge test to certify your participation. You can review the knowledge test questions for each learning pathway by visiting the following links:
Can I trial the technology before I take the knowledge test?
Yes! If you have not taken an online test before, or have not used the Moodle platform, we have created a practice test for you to familiarise yourself with the online test environment. Try it!
- Log in to our Moodle site, How to take an online test:
- If you are a new user and don’t have an account, click on the “Create new account” button on the bottom of the page. Follow the instructions to verify your account in the email we send (check your spam folder if you don’t receive this email.)
- For existing OERu Moodle users, log in with your username and password for this site. (You can retrieve log-in credentials by clicking on the “Forgotten your username or password?” link.)
- Click on the course: How to take an online test, and follow the instructions on screen.
What can I expect in the test?
The following table summarizes the basic information of a typical OERu knowledge test to certify participation:
|Number of True-False questions||16 – 20|
|Number of Multiple Choice questions||16 – 20|
|Estimated time required||20 – 30 minutes|
|Pass mark to earn the certification||Minimum of 50% of answers correct|
What are the certification options?
There are two options to certify your participation:
|PDF Certificate plus digital badge||NZ$10|
|Digital badge only||Free|
Certificate of participation plus digital badge
|Cost:||10 New Zealand Dollars (Approximate cost in: US$, GBP and EUR)|
|Payment options:||Credit card only|
|Example:||Preview example certificate (1.1MB)|
|Number of test attempts:||Unlimited|
On successful completion of the knowledge test, we will send you an email with the PDF version of the Certificate of participation for this micro-course as an attachment.
As a charitable organization, the OERu offers unrestricted access to all our open online courses for free. By choosing to purchase a Certificate of Participation, your payment will help to cover the costs of administration and also contribute to the global technology infrastructure costs to continue providing free access to learning opportunities for all.
Digital participant badge
|Number of test attempts||Maximum of two free attempts*|
*At OERu, we want you to succeed. Although you can only have two attempts at the test on the Moodle site if you are trying for a free badge, you can still practise as many times as you like by using the quizzes at the end of each learning pathway of the relevant micro-course.
What can I do with a certificate of participation?
- download a copy of your certificate from our site at any time,
- print a copy of the certificate for display or inclusion in your CV, and
- share the unique code printed on the certificate with employers (and other interested persons) to verify that your certificate was issued by the OERu, using the verification link.
What can I do with a digital badge?
- display OERu badges that you earn on your profile page on our moodle.oeru.org site,
- download a copy of the badge, and
- share a unique link with employers and other interested people, to verify that the badge was issued by the OERu site. This unique link provides access to a webpage that publishes the details of the issuer and criteria used to issue the badge.
Please note: If you are planning to purchase the Certificate of Participation at a later date, you will need to re-take the knowledge test, even if you previously achieved the free digital badge for participation.
Honour pledge for test takers
We expect learners taking an OERu knowledge participation test to uphold the highest standards of academic integrity.
All questions are published on the OERu course sites, which you can review and practise before taking the test. If you are unsuccessful in the test attempt, you will be able to re-sit the test in accordance with the number of permissible attempts published on this page. However, while taking the test, you should not receive help. (This does not prohibit help required by learners with a disability, such as using a human or automated reader.)
All test takers will be required to affirm the following statement before attempting the test:
- “I affirm that I have not given or received any unauthorised help while taking the test, and that this work is my own.”
In the event that the OER Foundation identifies breaches of this honour code, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to withdraw any badges or certificates that have been issued to you and/or to ban your user account on all websites maintained by the OER Foundation.
The OERu support website provides instructions on how to:
- Register a new account on moodle.oeru.org
- Log in to moodle.oeru.org for existing account holders
- Enrol for a Participant Badge test on moodle.oeru.org (free)
- Pay for a PDF certificate of participation
- Verify that the OERu issued a PDF Certificate of Participation