Upon successful completion of this micro-course, you will be able to:
- Apply marketing concepts and processes to develop a product brand for the promotion of a product or service taking into account distribution channels, cost effective promotion tools and digital marketing.
- Design a marketing plan for a product or service and justify improvements to early drafts.
To support you in your progress towards achieving the learning outcome described above, each learning pathway in this course has its own set of learning objectives:
- Create the relevant website accounts you need to engage in the OERu learning experience.
- Test drive the technologies by completing short activities using these tools.
- Product branding and distribution channels
- Explain product branding and its characteristics
- Identify the components of the distribution process, its complexities, pain points and opportunities for increasing sales
- Critically think about distribution channels for different products at different stages in their life cycle (i.e., warehouse shipping, distribution to sellers, product returns and restocking)
- Leveraging promotion tools and tactics
- Explain product promotion and its characteristics
- Identify the key elements of a promotional strategy for a product at different stages in its life cycle
- Explain how guerrilla marketing can expand the reach and cost-effectiveness of a promotional campaign
- The power of digital marketing
- Explain digital marketing, social media and their strengths and weaknesses
- Identify the key elements of a digital marketing strategy for a product at different stages in its life cycle
- Explain how digital marketing can expand the reach and cost-effectiveness of a promotional campaign
- Discuss the implications of digital promotions and social media for marketing planning