- When: Wed 7 & Thu 8 November 2018
- Where: Room 2062, Building 801 (Main building – see Floor plan), Port Macquarie Campus.
- Breakout rooms: 2064 and 2065
- Host: Port Macquarie Campus, Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Logistics: Transport and accommodation
- Invitations: 7th International Meeting of OERu Partners (pdf – observers interested in joining OERu welcome) | 6th Meeting of the OERu Council of Chief Executive Officers (pdf – members only)
- Registration: Face-to-face participants | Virtual participants
- Who: OER partners and prospective partners (face-to-face) and interested persons (virtual)
- Webstream: Webstream link (for meeting stream)
- Open webinar: Webinar link
Aims of the meeting
Meeting design and principles of engagement
This is not a conference – it is an open implementation planning meeting which will change the lives of students currently excluded from the formal post-secondary education sector worldwide. The OERu meeting is designed to take the form of a strategic planning sprint aimed at producing outputs in a short time utilising the diverse experience of attendees. Using open methodologies, the proposals for action we generate during the meeting will be refined transparently in the wiki after the meeting.
The meeting agenda is based on the following principles:
- Build on our OERu decisions, work done to date, and inputs from our open online planning.
- OERu partners have decision-making autonomy regarding the agenda and implementation decisions.
- Focus on decisions for the 2019 OERu action plan – hence the emphasis on implementing the OERu 1st year of study.
- Identify strategic issues for the medium and long term – but avoid the temptation of trying to solve all problems at this meeting.
- Keep presentations and monologues to a minimum.
- Avoid unnecessary affirmations or agreements with previous speakers. Contribute when you have something new to add, want to clarify a previous point or table an alternative view or idea.