English for academic writing is a free micro Open Online Course (mOOC) designed for learners who want to polish their writing skills. This course will help you to:
- Acquire and demonstrate a greater understanding of the process of writing clear and concise writing for the academic context.
- Write clear thesis statements and defend them.
- Apply different rhetorical and persuasive writing techniques in an academic writing context.
- Connect with learners from around the world to gain broader perspectives on the writing process in different countries and cultures.
- Learn the difference between other types of writing and academic writing.
- Learn to write an effective thesis statement.
- Learn how to write successful arguments to defend your thesis.
- Learn to use Rogerian persuasive arguments to convince readers of your point of view.
- Learn to use other rhetorical strategies to defend each of you points.