Essay – Human and Indigenous rights
Length: 1000 words
In a 1000 word essay, referring to The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (2007), explain what Human Rights and the explicit Rights of indigenous peoples relate to.
In your response, demonstrate an understanding of the similarities and the differences of these Rights and include an explanation of why specific indigenous rights are necessary, focussing on the rights of Indigenous Australians.
- Use at least five (5) reference sources in total.
- You must use a minimum of three (3) required readings from the Human Rights and Indigenous Australian people module.
- You must cite and reference two additional sources that you have located yourself. This text must be of academic standard, such as a journal article, text book, text book chapter or conference paper proceeding. Assess the quality of content in web sources very carefully. In general, website references are unlikely to provide reliable, researched information suitable for this task.
- Do not reference Creative Spirits, Wikipedia or Skwirk/Red Apple as these are unreliable sources.
- Do not cite or reference the module. You may cite and reference the readings linked to the module.
- Use in-text citations to identify other people’s ideas and words. These in-text citations must follow the APA referencing style. Quotes must be in quotation marks and the in-text citation must include the page number.
- The reference list must follow the APA style.
The assessment task should be your own original work. This assessment task will be put through TurnItIn to identify plagiarism.
Formal and respectful language requirements
- This assessment task must be in professional and formal language. This means there should be no abbreviations or slang.
- Care must be taken to avoid spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.
- Respectful and appropriate terminology must be used when referring to and writing about Indigenous Australian people and cultures.
- Submit as a Word document.