This topic introduces you to a number of issues that impact upon or are of concern to contemporary Indigenous Australians. We now look at the topics of Native Title and Heritage Protection.
It covers the following areas;
- Dispossession and terra nullius;
- From terra nullius to native title: the Mabo case;
- Responses by governments: the Native Title Acts;
- Native title settlements;
- What is cultural heritage?
- Revisiting Human Rights.
This topic is study towards achieving the following objective:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of contemporary issues which impact upon Indigenous peoples and communities.