This learning pathway explores the history of architecture and its relation to visual art.
- Methods and materials
- Architecture in China and the Far East
- Cross-cultural influences
- Architecture and the Industrial Revolution
- Modern architecture
- Postmodern and contemporary architecture
- Green architecture
Upon successful completion of this learning pathway, you should be able to:
- Discuss architecture’s significance to shelter and habitat.
- Describe the traditional and modern styles of architecture.
- Explain architectural materials and structural systems.
- Describe architecture as a reflection of culture.
- Demonstrate familiarity with symbolic uses of architecture.
- Discuss new technologies and “green” adaptations in architectural design.