Overview for Artistic media: Three-dimensional art
In this learning pathway we look at three-dimensional works of art, the methods artists use tocreate them and the different categories they occupy. We will also consider how technology and other modern art forms have influenced three-dimensional media. Topics are:
- Sculpture and other three-dimensional media
- Modern variations
Upon successful completion of this learning pathway, you should be able to:
- Identify and describe the specific characteristics of three-dimensional mediums artist use.
- Demonstrate how the advance of technology is reflected in three-dimensional media throughout the art historical record.
- Explain the effects installation and performance art has on artistic experience.
- Compare and contrast three-dimensional artworks from different cultures.