Overview for Artistic Media: The camera arts
This learning pathway is an introduction to the camera arts. Topics are:
- Early development
- Impact on other media
- Form and content
- Darkroom processes
- The human element
- Color images
- Modern developments
- Time based media: Film, video, and digital
Upon successful completion of this learning pathway, you should be able to:
- Explain the effect photography has had on traditional artistic media.
- Communicate how time-based mediums affect issues of content.
- Compare and contrast different photographic processes.
- Recognize and explain issues of form and content in photographs.
- Explain the three elements of photojournalism.
- Describe the effects photojournalism has on the news media.