Spirituality and Myth Overview
In this learning pathway, we see how art makes tangible things that inhabit the realm of human thoughts, beliefs and imagination. In particular, we study how art helps people interpret mortality, the spirit, and fantasy.
Topics in this module are:
Upon successful completion of this learning pathway, you should be able to:
- Describe ways that art expresses ideas of the spirit.
- Describe how costume and decoration are used as vehicles for spirituality.
- Explain art as a form of myth.
- Describe the role of art in ritual and ceremony.
- Discuss connections among art, magic, and the idea of the fantastic.