Participants in this ART 103 course reside in different time zones. If you are taking this course as a cohort with a facilitator, we recommend that you follow the course in your own time zone. For example, Monday means your Monday and not the time zone where the lead facilitator is located.
|Session 0||Prior to March 6, 2017|
|Session 1||March 6, 2017 to March 12, 2017|
|Session 2||March 13, 2017 to March 19, 2017|
|Session 3||March 20, 2017 to March 26, 2017|
|Session 4||March 27, 2017 to April 2, 2017|
It is estimated that each learning pathway will take about 10 hours to complete. To enhance your learning, we suggest you do the recommended activities and challenges in each learning pathway.
The learning activities are sequenced to progressively develop your art knowledge and skills. You will be able to better understand and integrate your learning if you work through the learning resources in the order they are presented.
Session 0: Orientation
Dates – Prior to March 6, 2017
- Register on this course site by clicking on the user icon () in the site menu (optional).
- Familiarise yourself with the web site navigation.
- Review the overview, course aims and learning outcomes
- Create the accounts you will need for this course:
- Complete the optional OERu new participant survey.
Dates – March 6, 2017 to March 12, 2017
How Art Speaks
- Overview and objectives
- How we see
- First level of meaning-Formal
- Second level of meaning-Subject
- Third level of meaning-Context
- Fourth level of meaning-Iconography
- Critical perspectives
- Start-Meaning, Style and Perspectives Challenge