English for academic writing is a free micro Open Online Course (mOOC) designed for learners who want to polish their writing skills. This course will help you to:
- Acquire and demonstrate a greater understanding of the process behind writing effective and clear texts.
- Identify the various factors that should influence your writing (e.g. audience, language, purpose, context, media).
- Apply the PWR method to your own writing.
- Connect with learners from around the world to gain broader perspectives on the writing process in different countries and cultures.
- Learn to identify the steps involved in writing successfully.
- Learn about important elements to take into account when writing.
- Learn about different writing types, their advantages and disadvantages.
- Learn to develop and adapt your writing voice, tone and persona.