- When: Wed 7 & Thu 8 October 2015
- Where: Quest Conference Estate, Curie Boulevard, Vanderbijlpark.
- Host: North-West University, South Africa
- Logistics: Transport and accommodation
- Invitation: Letter of invitation from North-West University (to be posted soon.)
- Registration: Face-to-face participants | Virtual participants
- Who: OER partners (face-to-face) and interested persons (virtual)
- Webstream: Webstream link
Aims of the meeting
The purpose of the 5th meeting of OERu partners is to:
- Review progress with the implementation of the OERu
- Plan operational priorities for 2016
- Recalibrate key performance indicators for input into the OERu “evergreen” Strategic Plan 2015 – 2017
- Identify and plan strategic projects for 2016 and beyond.
Meeting design and principles of engagement
This is not a conference — it is an open implementation planning meeting which will change the lives of students currently excluded from the formal post-secondary education sector worldwide. The OERu meeting is designed to take the form of a strategic planning sprint aimed at producing outputs in a short time utilising the diverse experience of attendees. Using open methodologies, the proposals for action we generate during the meeting will be refined transparently after the meeting.
The meeting agenda is based on the following principles:
- Build on our OERu decisions, work done to date and inputs from the 2015 Annual report and evergreen OERu Strategic Plan 2015 – 2017.
- OERu partners have decision-making autonomy regarding the agenda and implementation decisions.
- Focus on decisions for the 2016 OERu action plan – hence the emphasis on progressing the implementation phase of the OERu.
- Identify strategic issues for the medium and long term – but avoid the temptation of trying to solve all problems at this meeting.
- Keep presentations and monologues to a minimum.
- Avoid unnecessary affirmations or agreements with previous speakers. Contribute when you have something new to add, want to clarify a previous point or table an alternative view or idea.