English for academic writing is a free micro Open Online Course (mOOC) designed for learners who want to polish their writing skills. This course will help you to:
- Acquire and demonstrate a greater understanding of the steps involved in using the work of others to support your arguments.
- Be able to recognise when a source is needed and how to insert it in the required citation style.
- Acquire knowledge to be able to find credible sources and avoid plagiarism when using them.
- Connect with learners from around the world to gain broader perspectives on the essay writing process in different countries and cultures.
- Learn to identify when you need the work of others to support your arguments.
- Learn what sources are credible and how to find them.
- Learn to quote or paraphrase the work of others in your essays.
- Learn to understand plagiarism and how to avoid it.
- Learn to use various citation styles.