Financing a Business Start-up is a free Open Online Course designed for learners who want to explore the nature of entrepreneurship and gain knowledge of bringing an entrepreneurial idea to the market.
This course will help you to:
- Prepare a financial report, identifying and outlining the financial aspects of a business start-up which indicate the likelihood of a successful venture, including interpretation of financial statements, and the effects of cashflow.
Upon successful completion of this micro-course, you will be able to:
- Review introductory principles of economics and how they relate to small businesses
- Read and interpret basic financial statements of a business
- Prepare basic financial statements for a business start-up
- Examine the effects and significance of cash flow for a business start-up
- Explain why start-ups require finance
- Identify financing options for new business start-ups
- Calculate the break-even point for a business start-up
- Determine how potential investors value a business start-up
- Identify methods used to value a business start-up
- Consider factors that affect the value of a business start-up