Foundations of Psychological Science is the first of three free micro Open Online Courses (mOOCs) that jointly constitute the first half of a first-year university introductory psychology course. It is designed for undergraduate students who wish to work towards a major in psychology, students who wish to take a psychology course as an elective, and for informal learners everywhere.
This course will help you to become familiar with the history and research methods of psychology and to critically examine topics related to basic psychological processes.
Upon successful completion of this micro-course you will be able to:
- Describe some of the historical contributions to the development of psychology as a science
- Summarize some of our basic psychological processes
- Describe and apply rudimentary research and statistical methods
- Read and summarize current published research
- Write thoughtfully about psychological processes and research
- Critically analyze and discuss psychological processes and research