In this learning pathway we will explore contemporary perspectives in psychology along with a variety of career options. As you make your way through this learning pathway, consider how an education in psychology might serve your own career goals.
Rajiv Jhangiani provides a brief orientation to this learning pathway on contemporary psychology.
Pathway Learning Outcomes
By the end of this learning pathway you should be able to:
- Summarize each of the major subdisciplines of psychology
- Explain how professional organizations such as the American Psychological Association reflect the diversity of psychology
- Specify the requirements of a PhD in psychology
- Compare the employment sectors for graduates with a BA in Psychology vs. graduates with a PhD in psychology.
- Contrast the differences between the PhD, PsyD, and MD degrees.