- Texts written in the microblog activity.
- Take home message from Matt Abrahams’ video.
- Knowledge acquired through your reading of Section 1.1.1 Understanding how conversations change over time, Section 1.1.2 What to think about when writing for a particular audience, Section 2.3.1 Consider your audience, and Section 3.5.2 Use language that is sensitive to your audience from the English Composition I course available from Saylor Academy:
Now we’ll dig deeper into how the factors mentioned in this learning pathway affect your writing. The purpose of this learning challenge is to:
- Make you think about and explain why each text is appropriate for each audience.
- Make you think about how different audiences have different expectations.
- Make you consider how thinking before writing improves the clarity and effectiveness of your message.