Mini challenge summary
|Summary:||Declare yourself to the Planning a Business Startup (IENT102) participants by introducing yourself on your course blog|
|30 mins – 2 hours (Depending on prior knowledge and experience with maintaining a personal course blog)|
Both WordPress and Blogger host blog sites you can use for free. WordPress is open source software and is the technology we use to host this OERu course site. Blogger is proprietary software and you will need a gmail account to use this service. If you’re technically inclined, you may wish to host your own blog site but we don’t provide instruction on how to do this.
Here are a few resources to help you get started in setting up your course blog. Remember, if you get stuck use the Internet to find help. Search Google or Youtube with a query: “How to …..” (inserting what you are trying to do.). Alternatively post your question on the IENT102 General Forum. Help fellow participants by providing answers and support.
| • Create new WordPress.com account or Log in to existing account
• Help tutorials at learn.wordpress.com
• Support site at wordpress.com
| • Get started with Blogger
• How to start a blog on Blogger.com published by DHBW
The purpose of this learning challenge is to:
- Create a new blog on WordPress or Blogger through a process of discovery learning supported by open access materials you find on the web (if you don’t already have one).
- Personalise your blog site.
- Document and share your learning experience by posting a blog entry.
Value of this exercise
- You will gain first-hand experience in using blog technology for publishing your own course site. This is a requirement for learners taking this course for academic credit.
- You will “declare” yourself to fellow participants on this course using your PLE (as an alternative to posting an introduction in a closed course forum typically used in a conventional e-Learning course).