In order to effectively manage a project, the project manager must clearly communicate the right messages at the right times to all team members and stakeholders. While the written project plan includes much of the critical information, a project manager cannot rely on everyone reading this material. Also, different information will need to be delivered at different times throughout the project’s implementation. For example, a team may need to know how work towards milestones is progressing.
At the end of this learning pathway, you will:
- Recognise the importance of communication in executing a project
- Understand the basic model of communication
- Distinguish the basic types of communication
- Assess the benefits and shortcomings of different communication options
- Create a communication plan