The overall aim of this micro-course is to explore the concepts of e-literacy and digital citizenship and apply this knowledge to learning online and the contemporary workplace.
On successful completion of this microcourse, learners will be able to:
- Develop a positive digital online identity in support of learning commensurate with good practice for privacy, security and interpersonal communications.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the dimensions of digital citizenship and e-Literacy appropriate for work and learning in the 21st century and how these differ from off-line communities.
- Outline the rights and responsibilities of a digital citizen
- Expand your online learning network by adopting a proactive approach to improving your web presence to support and engage in learning in a digital age.
- Apply good online hygiene practices to ensure your privacy and security in digital environments.
- Evaluate a range of digital media, technologies and communities appropriate for supporting learning
- Gain an understanding of the implications of digital technology for your future career
- Describe societal issues and problematic online behaviours which have emerged in the digital world and how to deal with these challenges in an ethical manner.
- Develop a positive digital identity and digital footprint for learning