In this learning pathway you will build on the concept of citizenship considering a range of e-literacies and associated rights and responsibilities in a digital world to develop a definition for digital citizenship in the context of learning in a digital age.
On successful completion of this learning pathway you will be able to:
- Explain the differences between the following associated literacy concepts: e-literacy, ICT literacy, digital literacy, media literacy, information literacy and new literacies.
- Develop a definition for digital literacy with justification from reliable and credible online sources.
- List tertiary study examples for each of the nine elements of digital citizenship.
- List the primary rights and responsibilities of digital citizenship for tertiary learning in a digital age.
- Discuss topical issues regarding rights and responsibilities for learning in a digital age.
- Publish a reflection providing evidence of your learning by clarifying the connections between your prior experience (what you already knew) and what you have learned about digital citizenship.