Becoming an Entrepreneur is a free Open Online Course designed for learners who want to explore the nature of entrepreneurship and gain knowledge of bringing an entrepreneurial idea to the market.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Review the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs and apply techniques for generating ideas to initiate a market analysis and supporting due-diligence assessment for a startup business.
Upon successful completion of this micro-course, you will be able to:
- Define entrepreneurship.
- Identify the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
- Review the advantages and disadvantages of small business ownership.
- Examine the key questions an entrepreneur should answer before starting a business.
- Review techniques for generating ideas.
- Complete a due-diligence survey for a business idea.
- Distinguish between market research and market intelligence and explain the situations in which each approach should be used.
- Describe the basic steps of market research and corresponding purposes for each step.
- Describe competitive intelligence.
- Review types of market exchanges and partnerships.