In this learning pathway, we explore aspects of small business ownership.
Entrepreneurs almost always start off as small business owners, whether or not their ambition is to eventually run a much larger organisation. For this reason it is important to:
- identify the characteristics of a small business
- assess the advantages and disadvantages of small business ownership
- research and reflect on the environment in which small businesses operate
At the end of this learning pathway, you will be able to:
- Review the advantages and disadvantages of small business ownership.
- Explain and undertake a basic SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis.