Customer needs and motivation
Watch this video by Steven D’Alessandro of Charles Stuart University to gain an understanding of the importance of customer behaviour, needs and motivation in the marketing process. The presenter covers the:
- types of human needs and motivation,
- dynamics of motivation, and arousal of needs,
- setting of goals and interrelationships between goals,
- different needs and motivational approaches, and
- examples of customer needs and motivations.
Now think about something you bought recently. Was it something you needed and what was you motivation for buying it? Post a WEnote then look in the course feed to see what others have posted.
- I recently bought a new laptop. Need – for college. Motivation – good price for the spec.
- I bought a new outfit. Need – not really. Motivation – mood enhancer.
- Your turn …
You must be logged in to post to WEnotes.
Note: Your comment will be displayed in the course feed.