There are advantages and disadvantages to running a small business. For example, it’s great to be your own boss, but you’ll work longer hours than before.
- Read this article on Advantages and Disadvantages of Business Ownership
- This is written from an American perspective. What differences do you think there might be in other countries? (Think about your own country if you do not live in the USA.)
- Complete Exercise 1 (located at the end of the reading) and record your answers in your learning journal blog.
Remember to tag or label your post using the course code: IENT101 (This is needed to harvest a link to your blog post in the course feed.)
In this activity you and your sister/fellow learners are going to create two word clouds – one for advantages and one for disadvantages.
- Undertake a web search for small business advantages and disadvantages.
- Create two lists of words/phrases describing advantages and disadvantages. You are allowed 20 characters per word/phrase. Aim to get 10 advantages and 10 disadvantages.
- Enter the words/phrases from your list into the appropriate cloud:
- For you, what was the most interesting/surprising advantage/disadvantage?
Post your comment(s) below and then look on the course feed page to see what others have posted.
You must be logged in to post to WEnotes.
If you prefer you can create a post on your learning journal blog. Be sure to label or tag your post IENT101.
Note: Your comment will be displayed in the course feed.