Learning outcome actions
The purpose of this blog post is to introduce yourself to fellow LiDA104 participants sharing why you are taking this course
Publish a post on your blog comprising a few paragraphs (about 150 to 200 words in total) introducing yourself and what you would like to achieve by maintaining a blog to support your learning on LiDA104. If you are a first-time blogger, you can also include a reflection on this e-Learning activity. Choose an original title for your post or use: “Declaring myself on LiDA104“. Your blog post must include:
- A short introduction (consider linking to your “About” page on your blog)
- The reasons why you are taking this course.
- At least contain one link to an external website (for example, a resource you found useful or a link back to this e-Learning activity)
- Optional: Record a short video introduction and embed this in your blog post.
- Add a category or tag for your post using the course tag: LiDA104.
- See how to add a tag in WordPress or in Blogger see Change settings on your posts to add a label.
- The tag is needed for the harvester we use to identify posts for the LiDA course. If the tag is missing, we will not be able to incorporate your post into the course feed. This is done automatically once you have registered your blog url on the course site (see below).
- At least one comment (for example invite a friend or family member to comment on your blog post). This is so you can test that you have enabled comment settings properly and know how to moderate posts, if required.
- You will need to assign your blog URL to your registered account on the course.oeru.org website. We need this URL to harvest posts tagged or labelled with the course code “LiDA102” for the aggregated course feed. Please note that it may take up to an hour before your posts appear in the feed. If the post does not appear in the feed after a few hours, check that you have assigned the correct blog URL and tagged or labelled your post using the course code.
- Read the following instructions on the OERu support site:
- To assign your blog URL:
- Log in to the course website
- Visit Blog Feed Finder service.
- Enter the full URL of the PUBLIC view of your blog. (Tip: Don’t use the dashboard url used for editing your blog).
- Follow the instructions on screen to assign your blog to the courses you have enrolled for.