This research methods subject is designed for anyone who wants to learn to design and plan research on current global issues.
The subject provides theoretical and practical foundation for a research proposal.
The subject familiarises student with research methods appropriate for investigating current issues in a global environment.
Completing this subject, students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate research methods including their ethical approach.
2. Understand and synthesize different approach to research methods; issues include:
- Formulating research questions;
- Situating research questions in the relevant literature;
- Developing methodology; and
- Collecting, interpreting and employing data
3. Create a research proposal that leads to the completion of an executable research plan.