The objectives of this session are to:
- Discuss the action items and decision proposals for implementing the OERu credit transfer and credit accumulation guidelines for MVP
- Prepare a due diligence activity list for launching MVP
- Review the marketing guidelines for OERu partners and recommend strategies for learner recruitment.
(Click for local time)
|Implementing the OERu 1st year of study
Facilitator: Wayne Mackintosh
|Decisions for action
| Tea / Coffee break
|Report back on decisions for action
- Minimum viable product is the product with the highest return on investment versus risk. It contains the core features that allow the product to be deployed and no more. It is the version of a product which allows the OERu to collect the maximum amount of information about our learners, delivery model and market with the least amount of cost.
- David Porter has suggested that modelling the end-to-end process requires:
- 5 to 10 exemplar courses
- Completed by a target date (eg June 2017)
- Hosted on a common platform
- Available from one location (OERu.org)
- From which students can participate,
- And on completion could be directed to OERu institutions providing assessment
- Where they could achieve a credit-based assessment
- Towards transcript credit that would be awarded, badged and recognised towards an exit credential.