The tasks are divided into two parts.
PART1: Select a new product for launch in your local market
Resource bank activity
Search, evaluate, select, annotate, tag and share resource links
The purpose of this activity is to find and select online resources on new innovative product ideas, and to record and share these links using the OERu resource bank. Note the format of the resource bank activity; in particular, scroll down to the footnote area at the bottom of this activity to see the required and recommended tags.
- Conduct a general Google search for new innovative product ideas.
- Select one or two resources you found most interesting
- Record, annotate and tag your bookmarks
- Log in to bookmarks.oeru.org and click on the “Add” link to record your best resource link on new innovative product ideas.
- Remember to add the required tags and suggested tags (see below in the footnote area).
- Notes about tags: Tags should be lowercase without spaces. When adding more than one tag, these should be separated using commas. The ipm101a3-1 refers to the first resource bank activity of the third learning pathway of the IPM101 course.
- Important: Remember to make your bookmark public (this is located next to the privacy section in the edit window when adding a bookmark).
- Include a short description summarising the link, including why you have selected or recommended the resource.
- Explore the bookmark tags for innovation
- Click on the “Tags” link located at the top of the page at bookmarks.oeru.org.
- Search for resources tagged: innovation (Note, remember to select “all bookmarks” so that your search is not restricted to your own bookmarks.)
- Explore a few bookmarks which have been submitted by fellow learners. If you find a resource you like, vote for the resource by clicking on the “thumbs-up” graphic. Click on the “copy” link to add useful bookmarks to your personal bookmark account on bookmarks.oeru.org
The resource bank is hosted at bookmarks.oeru.org. The system uses tags to search for related resources. Log in and vote for resources you find useful. Please use the following tags for this activity:
Required tags: : ipm101, ipm101a3-1
Suggested tags: : innovation, video, webpage (or other descriptive tag(s))
Quicklink: : ipm101a3-1
PART 2: Stakeholder analysis
- From the activity in Part 1, select one product to launch in your local market.
- Identify two internal stakeholders for the product launch.
- Identify two external stakeholders for the product launch.
- For each stakeholder you should:
- Identify potential for cooperation (Low, medium, high)
- Identify potential for threat (Low, medium, high)
- Create word processor version of Table 5.1 (beginning of chapter 5) stakeholder analysis template.
- Complete the analysis for the 4 stakeholders you identified.
- Identify appropriate communication tactics and deliverables for stakeholder management.