|Summary:||Develop a storyboard to support the learning design of your course.|
|1 – 2 hours|
|Linked to final assignment|
Developing a storyboard will assist in determining the learning sequence and subsequently help you in outlining your course in the next section.
Please visit the following links before commencing the activity:
- Stimulus 1: Example 1. A storyboard for a course on storyboarding for learning design developed by Gabi Witthaus and Brenda Padilla. (A number of the OER resources in this course were reused and remixed for this OERu course.)
- Stimulus 2: Example 2. A storyboard for a professional development course developed by Gabbi Witthaus covering aspects of learning design illustrating a blended approach incorporating both online and face-to-face components.
The purpose of this learning challenge is to:
- Design and share a first draft of a storyboard for two learning pathways (topics or concepts) which would approximate three to six hours learning time in total for learners working through the materials.
- Use online tools (where possible) for designing your draft storyboard to facilitate sharing on the open web.
- Assist two or more fellow participants by providing constructive feedback and suggestions to improve on their storyboard designs.
By completing this learning challenge you will be in a better position to:
- Develop the structure and sequence of the course outline of the individual pages for the website you will publish.
- Refine and target your searches to find OER for reuse and remix in the development of your own learning materials for this course.
- Complete one of the building blocks required for the final assessment in this course.