Learning outcome actions
Publish a post on your blog comprising a few paragraphs (about 300 words in total) introducing yourself and what you would like to achieve by maintaining a blog to support your learning. If you are a first-time blogger, you can also include a reflection on this e-Learning activity. Your blog post must include:
- At least one link to an external website (for example, a resource you found useful or a link back to this e-Learning activity)
- An image, properly attributed with the necessary permissions for reuse. You can use a photo you took yourself or find a openly licensed image from the Wikimedia Commons.
- Optional: Record a short video introduction and embed this in your blog post.
- A category or tag for your post using the course tag. (See how to add a tag in WordPress.)
- At least one comment (for example invite a friend or family member to comment on your blog post). This is so you can test that you have enabled comment settings properly and know how to moderate posts, if required.
- You will need to register the full url for the PUBLIC view of your blog site. We need this url to harvest posts tagged or labelled with hash tag “ds4oer” for the aggregated course feed. Please note that it may take a few hours before your posts appear in the feed due to time zone differences.
- To register your blog url, click on the user icon () in the site menu above. If you’re logged in, use the update button to enter the full url of your blog. (Tip: Don’t use the url for editing your blog. In WordPress, click on the “Visit site” option to get the url for the public view of your blog).
- In the mean time, you can post a url link to your blog post using your preferred microblog service on WEnotes below, OERu forums or Twitter to share with the group. Remember to include the “#ds4oer” in your post which is used to harvest for the course feed.