|Summary:||Create a new blog on WordPress and publish your first post introducing yourself to course participants.|
|45 mins – 2 hours (Depending on prior knowledge and experience with online technologies)|
During this challenge you will learn how to set up a blog using WordPress but you can tweak the instructions for your own preferred blog service.
Note: We recommend WordPress because this is the technology which will be used to host published course sites on DS4OER. However, you are free to use an existing blog or alternative blogging platform but you may wish to gain experience using the WordPress Dashboard with this learning challenge.
The purpose of this learning challenge is to:
- Create a new blog on WordPress through a process of self-discovery supported by open access materials you find on the web.
- Personalise your blog site.
- Document and share your learning experience by posting a blog entry.
Value of this exercise
- You will gain first hand experience in using the technology for publishing a course site for the OER materials you develop on this course.
- You will “declare” yourself to fellow participants on this course using your PLE (as an alternative to posting an introduction in a closed course forum typically used in a conventional e-Learning course).