Mini challenge summary
|Summary:||Elements of digital citizenship for tertiary education|
|30 – 35 minutes|
|Linked to the digital citizenship learning challenge|
The purpose of this mini challenge is to explore the elements of digital citizenship with particular emphasis on those relevant to tertiary study.
- Explore the recent tweets using the following hashtags: #digitalcitizenship, #digiciz, and #digicit.
- Compile a list of elements relating to the concept of digital citizenship.
- Login to hypothes.is. (Consult the OERu support site for help on using the Hypothes.is annotation tool.)
- Read Nine elements of digital citizenship.
- Feel free to add or reply to annotations using Hypothes.is. Remember to tag your posts using the course code: #LiDA102 (This is needed to harvest posts for the course feed.)
Generate a table listing the nine elements of digital citizenship and identify a practical example of the element for tertiary-level study: For example:
|Digital access||Students from low income countries may not have reliable or affordable access to the Internet.|
|Digital rights and responsibilities|
|Digital health and wellness|
Share a reflection on this mini challenge by posting a comment on WENotes, for example:
- I didn’t realise the <insert element> is part of digital citizenship because …
- <insert element> is not particularly relevant for tertiary learners because …
- <insert element> is particularly relevant for tertiary learners because …