|“||A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read||”|
In this section we explore perspectives and associated concepts used to describe literacy in the 21st century.
Conduct a search for the definitions of each of the following concepts. You must identify at least two sources for each concept and write down a definition for each concept in your own words.
- What is e-literacy?
- What is ICT literacy?
- What is digital literacy?
- What is media literacy?
- What is information literacy?
- What are new literacies?
Note the differentiating focus of each literacy concept.
What did you discover. Feel free to share personal insights by posting a comment on WENotes, for example:
- I think that <insert literacy> is ….
- I didn’t realise that <insert literacy> …
- For me, the most important thing about literacies for the 21st century is …
You must be logged in to post to WEnotes.
Note: Your comment will be displayed in the course feed.