|A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read
In this section we explore perspectives and associated concepts used to describe literacy in the 21st century.
Conduct a search for the definitions of each of the following concepts. You must identify at least two sources for each concept and write down a definition for each concept in your own words.
- What is e-literacy?
- What is ICT literacy?
- What is digital literacy?
- What is media literacy?
- What is information literacy?
- What are new literacies?
Note the differentiating focus of each literacy concept.
What did you discover. Feel free to share personal insights by posting a comment on WENotes, for example:
- I think that <insert literacy> is ….
- I didn’t realise that <insert literacy> …
- For me, the most important thing about literacies for the 21st century is …
You must be logged in to post to WEnotes.
Note: Your comment will be displayed in the course feed.