In this section we consider the impact of automation on the future job market and the implications for education and training.
- Will robots replace humans?
- What jobs are most at risk of being replaced by robots?
- What are the implications for learning in a digital age?
Impact of automation on the labour market
- Read: Whitehouse, M., & Rojanasakul, M. (2017, July 7). Find Out If Your Job Will Be Automated. Bloomberg.com.
What do you think? Post a comment on WENotes, for example:
- The most important message of the humans need to apply video is …
- I didn’t realise that …
- I don’t agree with …
- The most important implication of automation for me is …
You must be logged in to post to WEnotes.
Note: Your comment will be displayed in the course feed.
Resource bank activity
- Conduct a search for reliable resources on automation replacing jobs.
- Select a resource that is relevant to your own career (or future career).
- Log in to bookmarks.oeru.org and click on “Add” link.
- Complete the form adding the link, a short description and the recommended tags below for your resource. Be sure to mark your resource “Public”.
- Review resources submitted by your peers and vote for those most relevant to your own career (or future career).
The resource bank is hosted at bookmarks.oeru.org. The system uses tags to search for related resources. Log in and vote for resources you find useful. Please use the following tags for this activity:
Required tags: : lida102, lida102a4-1
Quicklink: : lida102a4-1