In this learning pathway, we investigate what constitutes an Open Educational Resource (OER) and explore the implications of open education for learning in a digital age.
On successful completion of this learning pathway you will be able to:
- Define what constitutes an Open Educational Resource (OER)
- Explain the relationship between digital freedom and learning
- Explain the shortcomings of copyright as a mechanism for regulating ownership of ideas in a digital world
- Discuss the value of OER in solving real-world problems
- Identify the implications of OER for learning in a digital age.