Creative Commons provides a set of free tools to help you legally share your knowledge and creativity. The Creative Commons licenses have become the de-facto international standard for open licensing of creative works. In this learning pathway we will learn how the Creative Commons licenses work.
On successful completion of this learning pathway you will be able to:
- Explain how creativity builds on the past;
- Understand how Creative Commons uses copyright law to provide permissions to copy, distribute, modify and share creative works;
- Describe the application of the components of the six Creative Commons licenses;
- Identify the three layers of a Creative Commons license, namely the legal code, the license deed and the machine readable code;
- Explain the compatibility among different license types when remixing materials.