Write an essay of 1000 words which addresses the following question:
In what ways have Indigenous Australian peoples resisted the non-Indigenous occupation of Australia and the policies imposed upon them?
- For the purposes of this essay, cover the period from 1770 to approximately 1970.
- Engaging with the key scholarly readings, explain 2 of the following stages of Australia’s shared history and discuss Indigenous Australian resistance in each:
- the colonial frontier
- Stolen Generations
- Each era must include an example from an identified language group or person.
- The essay should be your own original work. This assessment task will be put through Turnitin to identify plagiarism.
- This assignment is to be completed in essay format. Include an introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion.
- Develop an overall position and ensure each paragraph contains a specific point that is demonstrated and supported in the paragraph.
- Write in the third person; avoid the use of “I”.
- Resources and information relating to writing essays
- Use at least eight (8) reference sources in total.
- You must use a minimum of six (6) required or recommended readings from the IKC101 modules.
- You must cite and reference two (2) additional sources that you have located yourself. These texts must be of academic standard, such as a journal article, text book, text book chapter or conference paper proceeding. Assess the quality of content in web sources very carefully. In general, website references are unlikely to provide reliable, researched information suitable for this task.
- Do not reference Creative Spirits, Wikipedia or Skwirk/Red Apple as these are unreliable sources.
- Do not cite or reference the module. You may cite and reference the readings linked to in the module. The written information contained in the modules are not academic sources and are not to be used in your essay.
- Use in-text citations to identify other people’s ideas and words. These in-text citations must follow the APA referencing style.
- Quotes must be in quotation marks and the in-text citation must include the page number.
Formal and respectful language requirements
- This assessment task must be in professional and formal language. This means there should be no abbreviations or slang.
- Care must be taken to avoid spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.
- Respectful and appropriate terminology must be used when referring to and writing about Indigenous Australian people and cultures.