This topic will cover the following areas;
- Racial thinking and Indigenous histories;
- Segregation, Protection, Assimilation: Overlapping themes;
- Protection Acts;
- Segregation on reserves and missions;
- Assimilation and ‘Biological absorption’.
The study of this topic is towards achieving the following objective:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the diversity of Indigenous Australian cultures both past and present;
- be able to critically examine post-colonisation policies and practices and their impact on Indigenous communities and families.