The tasks are divided into two parts.
PART 1: Exploring how to create a mind map
Resource bank activity
1st Resource bank activity: Search, evaluate, select, annotate, tag and share resource links
The purpose of this activity is to find and select online resources on how to create a mind map and to record and share these links using the OERu resource bank. This activity is designed to give you the opportunity to familiarise yourself with our bookmarks.oeru.org site. Note the format of the resource bank activity; in particular, scroll down to the footnote area at the bottom of this activity to see the required and recommended tags.
- Conduct a general Google search on how to create a mind map.
- Select one or two resources you found most useful or instructive
- Record, annotate and tag your bookmarks
- Log in to bookmarks.oeru.org and click on the “Add” link to record your best resource link on how to create a mind map.
- Remember to add the required tags and suggested tags (see below in the footnote area).
- Notes about tags: Tags should be lowercase without spaces. When adding more than one tag, these should be separated using commas. The ipm101a2-1 refers to the first resource bank activity of the second learning pathway of the ipm101 course.
- Important: Remember to make your bookmark public (this is located next to the privacy section in the edit window when adding a bookmark).
- Include a short description summarising the link, including why you have selected or recommended the resource.
- Explore the bookmark tags for mindmap
- Click on the “Tags” link located at the top of the page at bookmarks.oeru.org.
- Search for resources tagged: mindmap (Note, remember to select “all bookmarks” so that your search is not restricted to your own bookmarks.)
- Explore a few bookmarks which have been submitted by fellow learners. If you find a resource you like, vote for the resource by clicking on the “thumbs-up” graphic. Click on the “copy” link to add useful bookmarks to your personal bookmark account on bookmarks.oeru.org
The resource bank is hosted at bookmarks.oeru.org. The system uses tags to search for related resources. Log in and vote for resources you find useful. Please use the following tags for this activity:
Required tags: : ipm101, ipm101a2-1
Suggested tags: : mindmap, video (or other descriptive tag(s))
Quicklink: : ipm101a2-1
PART 2: Constructing a mind map depicting the project management knowledge base
- Review the concepts you highlighted or underlined during the reading activities in this learning pathway.
- On a piece of paper, prepare an initial draft of a mind map showing the relationships among: the project phases, PMBOK, and project methodologies.