|“||If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together||”|
As you watch this video, focus on the differences between directive and collaborative project management.
- Share one advantage or disadvantage of the directive management approach
- Share one advantage or disadvantage of the collaborative approach
- Give an example of when one approach is better than the other. Post your comment below and then look on the course feed page to see what others have posted.
You must be logged in to post to WEnotes.
Note: Your comment will be displayed in the course feed.
Researching guidelines for leading successful teams
Apart from the preferred management approach, project managers need to develop and apply the skills for leading effective teams. In the next phase of this learning pathway, you will be invited to source and share online resources for managing effective teams. The purpose of this research activity is for you to identify the top five tips for managing successful teams within the context of an OERu case study. You will also be required to justify your recommendations based on the culture of the OERu network and your own unique context. This research activity is divided into three steps:
- Search and find: Sourcing, sharing, and recommending online resources for leading effective teams
- Analyse the project context: Familiarising yourself with the mission of the OERu and its organisational culture
- Recommendations for implementation: Preparing recommendation proposals for leading an in-country team for a local project to promote awareness about free learning opportunities offered through OERu.