A key question for openness is how to build fiscally sustainable models by giving things away for free. There are a wide range of successful open projects encompassing non-profit organisations, social enterprises and for-profit businesses. In this section we explore examples of open business models.
To analyse the business model of an open initiative.
- Choose one open project from “Made with Creative Commons” or another project you have sourced online or are familiar with.
- Summarise the following three components of a business model canvas for the open initiative you selected:
- Value proposition
- Income / Revenue streams
- Cost structure
- What are the three most important implications of open business models for learning in a digital age?
Share you most interesting finding by posting a comment on WENotes below, for example:
- The business success of <insert project> can be attributed to …
- The most innovative business strategy of <insert project> is …
You must be logged in to post to WEnotes.
Note: Your comment will be displayed in the course feed.