|Summary:||Use an open source technology to remix and publish a chart or diagram for your course.|
|1 – 4 hours (Depending on your prior knowledge of using graphics software)|
|Linked to final assignment|
The graphic you remix will be reused in the materials you are developing for this course.
- Types of diagrams: See Classification of diagram types and General diagram types
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) article
- 10 Tips for creating good looking diagrams using Inkscape
Examples of svg images from the Wikimedia Commons (Click on the image for metadata and download link)
The purpose of this challenge is to generate a graphic, diagram, or chart for inclusion in your learning pathway by remixing existing image assets using the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format.
The value of this exercise is to:
- Produce editable images using an open file format (improves reuse potential, for example translation of diagram labels).
- Remix and reuse existing OER image assets.
- Use the SVG file format which facilitates resizing of images without loss of image quality.
- Produce image(s) for inclusion in your final assignment for this course.