|Summary:||Plan, create and share a video remix.|
|2 – 4 hours (Depending on previous experience with basic video editing)|
|Linked to final assignment|
The video you remix will be incorporated into the course materials you are developing for this course.
- Infographic: Effective use of video in online courses
- How to add video to elearning on a budget
- Three simple storyboarding templates to organise your content creation pages
- Best practices for Creative Commons attribution
- Guide to creating and uploading YouTube videos published by Digital Trends or the Ubuntu Raring Video page for GNU-Linux applications.
The purpose of this video challenge is to plan, create and embed a video resource in your learning materials which integrates existing OER assets requiring you to edit video material.
The value of this exercise is to:
- Improve video editing skills. (If you are already adept at video editing with one tool, try using a different tool for this challenge.)
- Source OER assets for inclusion in video material, taking license compatibility into account.
- Learn how to attribute OER assets reused in your video.
- Develop a resource for integration into the course materials you are developing for this course.
- Learn how to embed video materials in WikiEducator.
- Demonstrate that you can produce meaningful video material without access to high-end video production facilities or incurring significant cost, other than your time.