The course materials will link directly to the relevant discussion forums on forums.oeru.org. However, you can locate the relevant course discussions by navigating the forums site. There are two alternatives for locating your course forums.
1 How to find course forums using categories
This method will locate the course forums listing the topics for all the associated microcourses. All OERu courses are listed as sub-categories of the main “Courses” category.
- From the forums.oeru.org homepage, click on the categories link on the top of the page.
- Scroll down to “Courses”.
- Click on the course you are studying.
- Click on the “tags” pull down option and select micro-course.
2 How to find course forums using the course code
This method will locate the discussions for specific micro-courses and assumes that you know the course code.
The course code for each micro-course is provided on the respective course site.
- From the forums.oeru.org homepage click on the search magnifying glass
- Click on the options link below the search bar to open advanced search
- In the “With tags” field enter the course code and press enter.
- Alternatively, and slightly quicker, you can type “tags:coursecode” directly in the search bar.
- Click the search button.
- Scroll down to see the results.
- Click on the link to go to that forum.