A key feature of the OERu learning environment is that learners retain control over all the content they create rather than enclosing contributions within a learning management system. You will retain access to the content you produce even after the course is finished.
The OERu learning environment uses a variety of distributed interaction technologies including:
- Course forums: forums.oeru.org (powered by Discourse),
- Social network: mastodon.oeru.org (similar to Twitter based on Mastodon),
- Social bookmarks: bookmarks.oeru.org used as a resource bank for sharing resource links you find useful (based on SemanticScuttle);
- Annotation and discussion: Hypothes.is,
- WEnotes (W iki E ducator notes) a technology developed by the OER Foundation to post comments on the course site and integrate these with the live course feed.
- Personal blogs so learners can manage their own e-portfolios.